Home

Sunday, July 24, 2016

A Quick Catch-Up Post

Hello, everyone!

It's been a long time. A REALLY long time, unfortunately. I seem to do this a lot. Sorry!

I've survived 5 semesters in Korea so far, and 1 day of summer English camp. Since I don't have much to prep for tomorrow, I thought I'd update my long neglected blog. A lot has happened since my last update, so I'll try to cover some highlights.

1. I went to Singapore. Most of my family and friends probably already know about that, but yeah. It was hot, humid and fun.

2. The CT I was hoping to still have, I still have. She's pretty much the only person in this school I can joke around and have conversations with, so that helped with my sanity this year.

3. Dyed my hair. I'm now Black Widow. :P

4. Had a birthday. It was grand.

5. Lost my passport. That was not grand. People, do NOT lose your passport. I had to take a day off work and go up to Seoul to get it replaced, which brings me to...

6. I stayed at a very unclean hostel near Hongdae. Don't recommend it, but I did meet this girl who was in Korea for the first time and we got chicken galbi and listened to a band in Hongdae sing "The Scientist".

I've been open to new experiences this year, more than I used to. I've never toured anywhere by myself until now, and I've found that it can be really fun. And, you have a chance to meet new people along the way. And sometimes they'll be a little crazy (in a good way), and you'll find yourself at an international festival, dancing to "Uptown Funk" while a henna tattoo dries on your hand.

I have 9 more camp days to go, and then I'm off to my own summer vacation. I'll let you know how that goes and what I did. I promise that update won't be months after. Promise!

Thanks for reading!

p.s. if you're raising your eyebrow at the whole dancing and henna tattoos thing. Yes, it really happened. No, I haven't gone off the deep end.

p.p.s. It's so muggy right now!


No comments:

Post a Comment