Home

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Be Brave in the Face of Adversity



I had a crummy morning yesterday, but I learned some valuable lessons from it:


  1. Being polite in the face of hostility is the way to go.
  2. You don't have to take hostility alone.
  3. You don't have to take hostility at all.
  4. Virtual hugs are awesome and always welcome.
  5. Dancing like a crazy person to some music for a while makes me feel better.


Also, I noticed today just how much I've changed when it comes to how I react to unpleasant situations. I used to internalize it so much that I would eventually shut down, or explode. I have learned to channel it into more productive things, which means I got a lot more done, including figuring out the whole lesson plan part of the EPIK application.

Yay!

I have also learned how to talk more about the things that upset me. Whether it is through prayer, a friend, or family members -- do it. I chose all of the above. Let the emotions work their way through your system, because bottling them up makes them fester.

Just don't channel them towards anyone in a vicious way, because I think that's what happened to me...

Thank you to those who helped me feel better! A great big thank you! I am grateful to have you guys in my life.

And now, a song. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment